Card counting is one of the most popular advantage-play methods in gambling. Most casino players believe that this is the only way to gain from a 0.5% to 1.5% edge over the house.
Contrary to this belief, there are other ways you can apply to gain an advantage. Without wasting your time, let’s go straight to some of these techniques that help you to win in blackjack without counting cards.
Hole carding is a technique of spotting the dealers’ unexposed card. By knowing the dealers down card, you are likely to gain up to a 13% advantage.
Here are the best strategies to spot the flasher’s cards:
- Sit in the right position and pay close attention to every flasher’s hands.
- Sit at first base, usually to the dealer’s left. This position will give a view of the right-handed dealer’s hole card.
- Short individuals have an added advantage of being closer to the table felt.
- If you are a tall guy, you can lean back to improve your vantage point.
Recommended: Don’t misuse your advantage, as some players look too suspicious.
As the name suggests, this is a way of tracking a sequence of specific cards, through multiple shuffles. When properly used, Shuffle Tracking is much more effective than card counting.
Ace sequencing is one form of card tracking, where a player tries to remember type cards that are on top of the ace in the discard pile.
Edge sorting is an advantage-play technique where you spot flaws on card backs and then you utilize the information to predict card values before they’re revealed.
Recommended: Edge sorting is perfect when cards are rotated through 180 degrees, as this makes it easier to view the diamond patterns.
We are hopeful that, the above blackjack advantage-play techniques will give you a better edge than card counting.
Since casinos are private establishments, they can lock out blackjack players. Similarly, you can be expelled if it is discovered that, you’ve gained an advantage in any form. Therefore, to avoid all these, consider the following tricks:
- Always play like a normal player if you do gain any form of advantage.
- To avoid casino detection, concentrate on a persona to use.
- If your edge is large enough, mess up a few plays just to look like an average recreational player.